Exhibition & Submission Information
A Life of Service: Honoring & Remembering 'Abdu'l-Bahá Through the Arts
SHOW DATE: November 13th – 20th, 2021
VENUE: Bellevue Baha’i Center, 16007 NE 8th St., Bellevue, WA 98008
We warmly extend an invitation to anyone – young and old, professional artist or dabbler – whose heart resonates with the following spiritual themes embodied in the life and writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá:
- A Life of Service
- The Beauty of Unity in Diversity
- The Power of Love
Paintings, mixed media, and sculptures only will be accepted. We will not be able to accommodate work that requires special installation or instructions.
All works must be submitted for review and be accepted into the exhibit. Please send an image of your work by 10 PM on October 9th, 2021 through the form at the bottom of this page.
Submitted works should follow these parameters:
- Canvas/Flat Artwork: Max 30 inches x 40 inches (vertical / horizontal)
- Sculpture/3D Artwork: 24 inches square (max) base and standing up to 40 inches high
- Submitted work must be dry and ready to hang with wire (no saw tooth hangers please)
- All artwork must be original and non-political in nature
- Maximum of 2 entries per artist
- Artwork drop off date will be announced, we anticipate 2 – 3 days before the start of the exhibit
All entries must be labeled with:
- The artist’s name, address, email, and phone number
- The title of the work with reference to the selected principle/s
- The medium of the work
- The size/dimensions of the work
- A short artist bio/statement
- Accepted entries must remain on display from November 13-20th.
- The organizer reserves the right to use artist’s images for promotions.
- While reasonable precautions will be taken to ensure safe handling, storage and display of the artwork, the organizer will not be liable for any damage to or loss of artwork submitted for the exhibition (a waiver will be provided).
- Please arrange to pick up your artwork by November 21st. Any artwork not picked up by that date will be permanently removed.
Non-juried. Depending on the number of submissions received, space requirements may cap the number of artworks that we are able to display.
SUBMIT FOR REVIEW:
Either fill out and submit the form below or email email@example.com directly a photograph(s) of artwork along with your full name, the title of your artwork, your artwork medium, and approx. size.
Deadline: 10 pm Oct. 9, 2021
Max file size: 6MB per email